a few words together and don’t try
to make them elaborate, this isn’t
a contest but the doorway
into thanks, and a silence in which
another voice may speak.
(Mary Oliver, “Praying” from Thirst)
I am looking forward to some new exciting things on Diligent Leaves in the next week(s): guest bloggers, deep theological conversation, book reviews, continued reflections on sheep-living and Shepherd-following, and hopefully some stories from some of my crazy adventures over the past few years.
But for today, just some poetry and thanksgiving, with the wonderful community at A Holy Experience. I’m so thankful to the Shepherd for:
22. The healing, transformative, comforting power of prayer
23. Old relationships, re-connected and re-kindled
24. The passing of time, the celebration of an anniversary
25. More job opportunities and hope for the future
26. Constant reminders to be open to unexpected, impossible provision
27. The telling of stories, the laughter and contemplation that follows
28. New blog friends
29. Still, scripture, opening my heart and mind to new ideas and truths
30. Celebration and rewards for hard-won accomplishments
31. Security, finally. consistently, at last. steadfastness, faithfulness.
32. My teachers, and my teachers’ teachers, and my teachers’ teachers’ teachers.
33. The chance to play!
34. Get-up-and-go music on tired mornings
Friends… what’s coming up for you in the next few weeks for which you’re anxious or excited? What scripture is speaking into your life right now? What are you thankful for? What small stones of words have you been patching together lately to express your heart? Feel free to share some of those offerings here with us!